Rhocar Sprint Day At Barkstone Heath 25th Sept

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

Member No.: 296

There have been many post over a period of time bemoaning the fact that ther is not enough track action with RHOCAR.

The average track day price is appx £100.

If you want RHOCAR to hire a circuit, ie, Donnington is £10,000 + vat and extra services. Snetterton appx £4500 + vat and extras

For those interested in cheap sprint racing, you should come to barkston heath on

the 25th of sept.

The venue is owned and run by the RAFMSA.

They hold 8 races there during the season and are always on the lookout for more entries.

A days competitive sprint racing costs on par with Curborough.

The RHOCAR event on the 25th will only cost you £30 and for this you get;

Arrive Friday night if you wish (bags of camping space and loos)

Get your bbq on, drink and fall over.

Saturday will be a day on the track.

Saturday night, get your bbq going drink and fall over.

Sunday, for an extra £15 take part in a competitive sprint event against the RAFMSA teams.

All the RAFMSA events at Barkston Heath are properly timed, crash crews and medics are on the track and fully marshalled, these support services also apply to the RHOCAR event on the 25th.

ALL THIS FOR £30 BARGAIN

SPACES STILL AVAILABLE FOR THE 25TH SEPTEMBER

All you have to provide is £30, yourself, helmet, a pair of overalls that dont burn and the traditional Hoodie attitude.

Prior to booking Barkston Heath for RHOCAR it took me over a year and many miles of driving to find a venue like this at a reasonable price.

Anyone looking for new venues, you are more than welcome to contact me, either on here by email or on 07769 717180

Support this event as the committee have as ever put in a huge effort and are now committed to going and stump up the money.

Guest timswait

John- My cheques in the post, I'll be there, acts of god or mechanical failures permitting! What about this sprint on the Sunday, I'd be up for that for an extra £15. Is there any difference to the regs for the Saturday, in particular does it need a competition license, because I don't have one.

Gibbo- At the last Curborough I went to (two years ago) there were non hoods being driven, a Golf GTi and a cobra as I recall, so you may be able to use a tin top, if wife/girlfriend/partner/mother permits!

Guest John Walton

Gibbo, hi.

The whole weekend is open to none drivers as well, come and have a look. Tin tops round the circuit should not be a problem either, helmet and none flamable overalls will have to be worn though

Guest John Walton

Timswait Hi.

The sunday event will have a slightly different format.

It is a formal competion.

Free practice, qualifying, competition runs, but no competition licencense is needed.

would be nice to beat a few of the boys from the RAFMSA (RAF Motor Sports Association)

Guest John Walton

Come on Red, thought you were all tough ooop north. Anyway in Fen terms 200 miles is just down the road, we travel that far just to see one of those new electric light bulb thingys

It should be no problem beating them. It is unlikely that Crab Air will even find the location they are supposed to be at. They never have in our experience....

Mark and Nishka