Wiring Ammeter

Guest mark kingston

Guest mark kingston

^_^ hi well here goes another question

the instructions with the ammeter show it in line between the battery and the rest of the ignition circuit. so do i cut the battery wire and extend then through the ammeter ??

if so what size cable do i need to use? :rolleyes:

Guest Battery Bill

Mark

Nice picture :rolleyes: You can only see the top bit :lol:

I think but I may be proved wrong that you take a link from the Battery wire then to your guage then back to the battery wire? :unsure: :unsure:

Like I said though I may be wrong :wub:

Guest Charles B

Mark.

All the electrics, apart from the starter will go through the ammeter (unless it has an external shunt with it - looks like a strip of metal with terminals each end)

So you need the same size cable that goes to your battery at the moment. If in doubt, go for the thickest cable you can find, and make sure the terminals on to the ammeter are really well fixed- soldered preferrably. Any bad connections here will give you problems in the future.

I must admit I've never been very keen on ammeters, but they can be useful if you have suspected charging problems. A good voltmeter is nearly as good, and easier to fit.