Mini Wipers

Guest Wozzer

Hi All,

I am in the process of fitting the screen & wipers etc. I have a MGB wiper motor, wheel boxes and tube etc.

Will a standard mini wiper arm fit on the spindles, together with the blades and do they fit 'the screen' OK?

Warren

The spindles should fit. The best solution for arms and blades is to get the "generic" ones from shows. You can then position the blade anywhere along the arm, and then trim the blade to length. Cheaper solutions are to get one large Sierra wiper blade, split it in two, and then attach this to arms taken from a mini or MG or whatever. This is more difficult to set up though. I doubt you'll find any blades which are already the correct length so you'll be doing some adjusting whichever route you take.

Ant

Hi Wozzer

I have just fitted my wipers a few months ago.

The MGB's mini's and landrover systems are essentialy the same

The arms I used are the adjustable type for an mgb with an 8" wiper blade. both are available from europa spares.

They fit the windscreen spot on , however you do have to be carefull with the amount of sweep you get from your gearing.

I believe there are other posts detailing the different size sweeps by changing the big cog in the motor housing

cheers

C

Guest docter fox

we fitted mini wipers last week.

we needed new arms and blades so we got the type where you just cut them down to the size you want.

we got 2 new arms and 2 blades from europa (£44!)

at donnington we could have got them all for around £25

as for the sweep just turn the switch off when it is full over to one side and attach the blade to where you want it to end at that side....... just keep playing until your happy

o and if your fitting the washer jets dont test them when your not moving .....you'll get wet :gdit:

Guest docter fox

at 50 the water just goes over the windscreen but i suppose they would definately be harder to adjust when going along :lol:

n make sure you connect both washers up with the pipe or your legs get wet aswell :ph34r: