Barkston Heath Sprint Day 25th September

Guest John Walton

Guest Tim Norman

All in all a fantastic day only spoilt for me by not having Bob there. Roll on next year.

Drive time at Curborough for £30 = 15 minutes maximum :(

First session of the morning at Barkston Heath doubled that with the added attraction of up to 10 cars on track at a time, suitably staggered of course. This was then repeated throughout the day. Drive time at Barkston for £30= 2 hours minimum. You do the maths :D

With the excellent facilities and driver track time we will be going back at least twice next year. :D :D

MASSIVE thanks to John Walton for finding and negotiating the deal. :wub:

Next year Bobson will be there and making a full weekend of it. :p :huh:

Thanks to all who turned up and made the day, or at least the bit I saw a success, I spent the whole morning smiling as I looked on in envy at all the happy smiley faces that hurtled past me and occasionally waved, even Jim after he altered the tyre wall. :lol:

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The afternoon action got more intence, as we grew in confidence, the speed increased more than the skill ;).

Late braking and rearranging tyres was common (Guy)

Clipping tyres on the chicane (Tiger (who came to tea) boys)

And a new one to me "the Harrier" this involves putting a wheel on the green bit then losing control and ending up standing on its rear, nose pointing at the sky , how ever the pinto's power to weight ratio was not up to vertical take off, but the track is on an air field after all

Photo's will follow soon, from the fire crew who were delighted to get there toys out and retrive the hood from the barbed wire.

Oh the driver was fine, I heard him say "that woman of mines lovely, but she's driving me up the wall" ;)

We must book this next year :ph34r:

Guest chris brown

thanks to John for finding and organising a fantastic day both me and Nigel (son in Honda Teg type R) have decided if at all possible we will be there the next time. The Honda with uprated brakes and the Hood well that just needs a better driver. :p :p Thought I'd get that in before Darren. :D

Nice to see Bill keeping up the good sprit of the club after "the Harrier" incident Bill ask's "how are you getting home?" "Haven’t thought about that yet" came back the reply "no problem” says Bill “I've got a trailer I'll take it for you"

Well done Bill a true hoody

Guest John Walton

Answers on a post card...............

Our Harrier Pilot prepares for launch

best quote from crash rescue........................"bloody hell mate, nobody has stuffed it like that at Barkston before"

Guest Tim Norman

Will those fine people who borrowed overals from Chris Gwilliam return them. he lent 3 pairs and got none back. If we want to go back at all next year let alone the twice I want to he wants them back. :gdit:

Please send them c/o John Walton.

Email me if you don't have his address

Cheers

Tim

PS there maybe some places available for the full season in the RAFMSA sprint series. Contact John Walton if you are serious and want more details