Amplifier

Guest robbie

Guest robbie

Can anyone tell me what the amplifier (small black plug connection about size of cig packet on aluminium plate inside engine bay) on the sub loom actually does? I cannot get spark from HT lead from coil although power is at both ends of coil. Does this have something to do with injection system or the "pointless" distributor? Can I bypass the amp? I have done away with the injection system and have stuck on twin 40s so perhaps I can dispose of amp and rewire(I wish!)

Do I need new dizzy? If so what is compatable?

So many questions, so confused, so tired!

I hope someone understands!

Kind regards

Robbie

Guest daveg

Robbie

The amp amplifies the signal from the distributer to enable a short to earth for the coil. Without the amp the system will not work!

You can get better electronics from Lumenition, contact /merlin Motorsport 01249 782101

The only way I can think of testing is by using a oscilorscope which I doubt you have...

Sorry I cannot be of more help!

Dave

Guest robbie

Can the advance/retard work now that I have replaced injection system with twin 40s? Surely they require vacuum typr distributor?

Robbie

Guest Simon cooper

Robbie, you will not get a spark if you are using the injection disi, and yes you need a disi with vacuum advance. Although the vac advance part is not needed, the trigger system is different and the disi you have has no centrifugal advance which is the bit that you do need.

Feel free to phone me. 01983-854754 evenings.

Simon