2ltr Pinto Engine Components For Sale.

Guest jwaterman

Guest jwaterman

I have some components for sale that were attached to my 2B. Reason for sale is because i have ordered a 160Bhp Vulcan engine to replace it. Reason for the change is piston failure in original engine.

In Feb of this year I got some new / cheap +0.5mm oversize pistons off Ebay. So decided to rebore engine to suit these pistons, also had the block face skimmed, the crank shaft reground, new HIGH pressure oil pump etc, and also changed the current ignition from points to a ford electronic system this proved to be a mistake sorry a BIG mistake. Since the engine rebuild i have done 3000 miles, during this i have suffered fromm what i thought to be mild pinking, lots of tweaking with the distributors advance curve i finaly thought i had sorted it just before leaving for a trip to normandy, This is were the crank case pressure raised its ugly head! The cause of this is sevear pinking!! The Piston rings have got excessivly hot and melted the piston ring grooves. Resulting in poor compression and increased sump presssure. So we finally decided to go for the Vulcan engine. The bores are still in good order still even have the hone marks, the crank and shells are in excellent condition, along with the rest of the engine.

Here is a list of all the items i have up for sale. If anyone is interested in them please e-mail me and i can answer any questions you have, send pics etc.

1. Unleaded Cylinder head - Skimmed by 50 thou, Valve guides reconditioned approx 8,000 miles ago, New Kent Cams FR32 Camshaft Kit (includes springs, spring cups, followers, adjusters, and Spray Bar) and also will have valves lapped in and new seals fitted. This is a comprehensively reconditioned head, the only thing left to do is to port it ( if you want), With this spec my engine had 134BHP on the rolling road. - £200

2. Kent Cams Vernier Camshaft Pulley, Set for above Head and camshaft. - £60 - SOLD

3. Lowered Sump and pick up pipe, modification i did myself, Does not have the extra bulg on the side, works fine though fits through the 2b chassis hoop under engine. - £40

4. Re ground Crankshaft and very good condition Main, big end shells and Trust Washers. (these have only done 3000 miles since work done to it) - £50

5. 205 Block Painted red, rebored to +0.5mm (3000 miles ago), Block face skimmed by 10 thou. Incomplete piston set, (new pistons are approz £25 from burton power). - £50

6. Lightened Flywheel - over half the weight of the original. - £50

7. High Pressure Oil Pump - Only done 3000 miles since new - £20

8. Catch Tank and modified cam cover breather system. Home made ali catch tank with oil filler breather cap fitted on top, with 2 inlets and 1 oil drain to sump. Cam cover has filler cap removed and filled in, with baffled outlet on side in centre to catch tank. To fill engine with oil, fill through catch tank. - £35

9. RHE stainless exhaust with stainless heatsheild, has 2 RH silencers in series. This is considerably quieter than the single silencer system. This is only the tail peice the 4:1 is still on my car - £50

Well thats the list, If you are interested then please e-mail me. All the prices are open for negotiation, SO MAKE ME A FAIR OFFER! What you waiting for.

I need to get rid of them for a fair price which will help to pay for the new Vulcan engine, only way i could justify it.

If anyone wants pictures then again e-mail me and i will endevour to sort it out, not very good at posting pictures on here, sorry.

Cheers

John