Seat Belts

Guest olly

hi all

right iv got a 2b 2000 mod iv got 4 point harneses but theres only 1 tube just at the back of the seat the tube im talking about is were you bolt the belt to the chassis so i think its for 3 point belts

ok so iv got 4 point belts what i want to know is can i bolt the 2 so as to make them as 1 and fit to the 1 belt mounting tube?

if your not sure what i mean have a word with battrie bill hes had a look today and might beable to explain a bit better

fanx

or is there any 1 out there with any 3 point belts that want to do a swop? mine are blue and in near new nick

olly

Guest jetskijase

Olly

I can see a few problems with linking the two together at the back. With the harness you get a coller/ spacer with each bolt, so when you tighten the belt to chassis it tightnes the spacer so you still have movement of the belt.

So you will need to make up thicker spacers if your going to double up.

Also, if you have a tube on the back box section, what i did was cut off my 4 tubes, then welded a 4 mm by 25mm angle bar right across the box section. Then drilled 4 holes where i wanted the harness. obtained the correct fine thread nut's for the bolts and welded them to the bar. More sva friendly from what i have heard.

Jase

hi jase

thanx for that

but were my tube ie welded to the chassis is were you fix the seat cover and the chassis is tube not box like the older xmmo or 3a

i think the best war is to get some 3 point belts to save cuting and rewelding

ill post a pic of what i wa thinking of doing later

i sused the spacer part by useing 2 1 upside down and 1 the other way so it will be solid and the belts still swivle

olly

Guest Battery Bill

Olly

i sused the spacer part by useing 2 1 upside down and 1 the other way so it will be solid and the belts still swivle

I think that would be the best option :D

hi all

iv tried the way i said and it seams to be ok im going to ring the sva peeps tomorrow and see what they say so ill let ya all know

bill the bolts fit perfect with a good slaping from the hammer

thanx loads

olly