Making Film Of Car

Guest rizla

:) im sure someone must be able to help on this one

i have a camcorder jvc,and if i film my car(driving)how do i get it into mpeg etc onto a computer :blink:

im a little lost

Guest John Walton

Hi Riz,

I guess that your jvc is digital?.

If so, just plug in to your PC when you have done filming, load fronm your hard deive to any of many film editing software packages and this should give you some choices as to what save it as.

John

Hi Rizla

Your camera may have been shipped with a CD containing editing software. Install the software, plug in the camera and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you've got one, use a Firewire cable instead of USB as this is a lot quicker.

And make sure you have enough free space on your hardrive. Digital film eats up memory... a couple of minutes can use up about 250mb.

Hope this helps

Will

Try plugging the camera in and see what happens...

You might have to buy a cheap editing package from your local PC world.

I use an Apple Mac (has software already installed on it) so I don't know what software to recommend but I'm sure someone out there does.

Will

Guest Bob Rowell

Hi Rizla, if you're running windows XP it has a reasonable movie maker programme included.

As already advised, get a Firewire card in your PC. They usually come with a cable to fit virtually all Japanese camcorders, plus a video editing programme. I use MGI VideoWave III. It's a simple to use, straight forward programme with some useful effects and transitions.

Guest timswait

Look in the spec sheet for your camera. If it has an IEEE 1394 output then this is a firewire digital connection, so if your computer has XP and a firewire port you should just be able to plug and play. If you're camera doesn't have a firewire port then you'll need a TV card for your computer, and capture the video in analogue. Roxio Videowave is excellent video editing software, if you used this then it make Microsoft Movie Maker look very pap in comparision.

ha its duct tape

iv got some software for makeing films shrink to less than 50meg so i can put um on my fone

so you can get a full lenght film on a link so that us with broadband can download it in 10mins or so

if you want it email me and ill email the programe to you

olly

Guest timswait

I think Duck Tape is a brand name who make various types of tape, duct tape among them. I think they were also the first to make duct tape, so became the standard name for it, like hoover is for vacuum cleaner.