Vents

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

i was never particularly keane on the steam coming from under the bonnet when we stopped on hot days, so im trying to do as much as i can to stop this.

• I've got an expansion bottle to fit
  • I've got an electric fan to fit
  • I'm going to try and box in the radiator (any help appreciated on that too)
  • and maybe add some sort of vents to the bonnet

vents

iv done a few of searches but came up with nothing on the bonnet vents

has anyone got any pictures on the type bonnet vents they've fitted so i can see what the different types people have fitted, iv seen quite a few fitted on the side and a few larger vents on top, pics of any appreciated....

boxing in the radiator

has anyone got a link to where someone explains this on a site as i have no idea where to start....

Thanks

James

James

I have a 2B with just the standard bonnet louvers which I have use all summer without any overheating or boiling.

The photo should give you an idea of what needs to be done. The plastic sheeting is available from any good stationary shop.

Hope this helps ^_^

Robbie

post-10-1099939148.gif

Guest chris brown

For the vents try NW site vents most use Thanks to Jim and Co there are lots of good info on their site worth putting into favorites.

As for rad cowling if you do use steel or aluminium use some edging material (door seal or similar where it close to the rad what you don’t want is it to rub

Guest chris brown

Joel how are the vents in your first "here" mounted? They also look to have some sort of edging on them. Have you seen any if so what are they like in the flesh as it were???

Guest docter fox

i like the look of the first "here" from joel, but has anyone fitted these or got a bigger pic that shows the edging?

which way round is best to mount them? to put air in or out?

i presume that most people have mounted these on the side?

anyone put something similar on top to force air in next to the air filter?

Guest paul thompson

Doctor Fox,

I have those HERE, on my 2B. They work great, getting heat out is better than trying to get cold air in through the sides, it's drawn out by the air flowing over the ouside of the louvres.

Guest salty_monk

Boxed mine in using steel plate (galv as it was free!!) on all 4 sides as my rad is mounted in front of the 2b crossmember.

The box or cowling goes from rad to nosecone & basically means no air can take the easy route.

If you're local & want to have a nose you're welcome...

Chris & Dr Fox,

I have the vents in the first 'here' on my car. I'm really pleased with them - I've tried quite a few things to reduce under-bonnet temperatures, and I reckon fitting vents is the single most effective thing. They look cool too. B)

They're fitted by cutting a rectangular hole in your bonnet. The vents then slot in, and have a lip which covers the rough edge of the hole. They have pre-drilled holes in the lip section to secure them.

I tried fitting them with the inlet side sucking air in, and the exhaust side blowing out, which seemed to work quite well, though you run the risk of being told off by Big Jim if you fit them that way. The general concensus is to have them both blowing out.

HTH

Guest docter fox
I tried fitting them with the inlet side sucking air in, and the exhaust side blowing out, which seemed to work quite well, though you run the risk of being told off by Big Jim if you fit them that way. The general concensus is to have them both blowing out.

why both out?