Wheel Offsett

Guest ians2B

Hello everyone,

For the SVA is it the tyre that must not stick past the rear mudguard or is it the wheel, as in the metal bit.

As you can appreciate this is a very important distinction for me and my current setup of arrays and camber wedges. It is very very close.

Ian

Guest salty_monk

I believe (but don't count on it....) it's the tyre from side to side & the wheel from front to back but having never done an SVA then best to wait for someone else to confirm...

Hi Ian

I had the same problem with mine a few months ago....

on the rear the nice man from the SVA wanted the top half of the rear wheel to be inside the wheel arch..... :unsure:

If it is close , the best way to get round it is to get your old sierra wheels and shove them on ( if the tyres are OK and rated to your top speed you have quoted on the SVA form)

They have less of an offset.

cheers

Chris

Guest gordon_macnab

Mine failed SVA first time for having part of the wheels projecting past the arch due to the shape of the alloys.

Best to just fit the original sierra skinny ones and have the wheel and tyre well within the arches and then change after SVA.

Gordon

Guest Sean Timney

Hi,

One of my fail points on SVA was the rear drivers side wheel protruding past the arch (RH alloys)....it's the wheel he checks and not the tyre, from the half way point up over......

Sean.

Thanks guys,

Will have to get some skinny wheels as mine came with alloys of the same size.

Can't really face taking the camber wedges out and I'm still not sure that it would do the trick any way.

Anybody out there with arrays and the stardard wheel arches consider the wider versions now!.

Now I had bettter look at the front mudguards is this the same problem or is there enough adaptability?