Rear Wings

Guest racman

You could try making your own. we made a set by laying the originals on a fresh sheet of stainless and drawing around the wings adding 3" to the outside edge. Cutting out was done with snips but a nibbler would be easier. Shop about for stainless sheet its realy quite cheep.

Colin King

Hi Colin

Thanks I had thought of doing this but was put off by the thought of all that cutting with tin snips, but does sound like a good option, what price did you pay for a sheet of stainless.

Jeff

Guest docter fox

you could make a template out of paper (or draw on the stainless?) to the shape you want and take it to a local engineering firm to cut it out for you.

i did it for the new scuttle and the dash (he cut out all the holes for the gauges, switches, lights etc and followed the line EXACTLY! he even followed it where i didnt go very straight with the ruler :D

he didnt have all the sizes we wanted for the holes (drill bits) so he drilled the next size down so I went at it with a power drill and a stone (aburgh?) :wacko: looks great and very pleased with it, all for £80 cash in hand, including the stainless sheets and a few extra left over bits he had lying around

HTH

James

Guest Bob Rowell

James, I've just been having a snout round your web site. Well done. When you get to take your car on the road it won't matter that someone else did the original build, it will still be your car with your input to it.

I went the same route as you last year, buying a pretty rough S7 then bringing it up to my standard. I have had the best Summer! ever. Wish I'd done it 20 years ago. Enjoy.

Guest docter fox

i know that the cutter thing the used was good but what actually is it? laser thingy or just a good saw type thing?

Bob,

Thanks, after doing a lot and it seeming like very slow progress its good to just look back at what it was like and see the changes :)

I am VERY much looking forward to next summer, these cars may not be to everyones taste but I love them! and when its finished I'm certainly going to enjoy going past everyone else who has been taking the p*ss :D