Time To Sort My Car!

Guest Ben Salt

Guest Ben Salt

I know towing is dubious and very dodgy, even with the solid tow pole we used, which is why I'm definitely not doing it again!!! Someone else suggested getting my dad to drive it, will have to suggest it very tactfully... MEthinks after a few bottles of wine!!

Ideally we would trailer it, but none of my family have a towbar, and friends with them have all gone away

Chris, you have a message...

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Ben,

Just a quick question - If you live in that Cat..... place, why did you choose to go to Gillingham instead of Mitcham.

MEthinks after a few bottles of wine!!

Is that before he agrees or before you can get him in the Hood :D

hi all

can i get back to the hand brake cable

i cut off the old nipple but rather than doing as the vids say i used a gear cable nipple that is used on classic vespas and lambrettas.now these nipples are used to move up and down gears as they are cable driven gears and all so the same nipples are used for the front and rear breaks,

iv puld yanked pulled again tightend the cable so it will work on 1 notch then bulled as hard as i could and its still working fine

the nipple im talking about are the same as you would use on a peddle bike break but a bit bigger with a ball inside so as you tighten the ball clamps and crushes the cable its about as good as a weld

you can get them from any scooter shop for less than a quid, i get mine from two wheeled engineering in mansfield

if any 1 wants the number ask and ill pass it on

olly