Superspec Cooling System

Guest rusty

:o Hi, :D its me again with another hose problem this time its the water hoses,have run the engine a couple of times about half an hour in total, today I decided to try the clutch out by turning the car around in the cul de sac, just about to try it when water started coming out of one of the hoses the one that comes out of the header tank into the T piece and across the head to the thermostat. I replaced it tightened up the clip a bit more this time and started it up again, the problem now is water seems to be pumping back through the header tank and out through the overflow, any ideas :angry: :angry:

Rusty

I think that your system appears to be plumbed 'back to front'

I think that you have it the same as on the videos but I don't think it works. I think that the system now being recommended is that the top hose should be connected to the bottom of the rad and the bottom hose to the bottom of the rad. The man to talk to is The Friar but he is very unwell. In the past he has emailed me (and others) with some diagrams. This system seems to work on my car. I will send them if I can still find them after my recent computer problems. If no one can find these diagrams I am sure that I can produce some more.

John

Rusty

My set has worked for about 1500 miles without drama. It goes like this:

The hose that has the stainless tube and bleed nipple goes to the bottom of the header tank. A long hose goes from the side of the header tank to the rad on the the nearside of the car (effectively the bottom of the rad). The remaining take off from the header tank I have put a piece of tube onto and jubilee clipped an appropriately sized bolt inot the other end to seal it. This then is just long enough to sit on top of the battery tray. The overflow is obvious. I did not use the t piece as Richard describes. What I have done is to join the two pipes (12mm and 8mm ?) that come from the stat with a hose. For the smaller pipe, I inserted a smaller iece of hose into the other one and jubliee clipped them. These are the heater flow and return which are redundant, unless you fit a heater.

Like I said, it works fine.

Dredd

:D Hi

Dredd, done what you suggested with the redundant heater hoses, still confussed when you say (effectively the bottom of the rad) is that where the three hoses go in or the single hose by the thermo switch. I'm starting to feel like iv'e built this car twice once the RHSC way and once the RHOCAR way, still as my wife says "you wanted to do it" once would have been nice <_<