Superspec Hand Brake Angle Plate

Guest rusty

:o Hi just received a letter from RHSC telling me I have to fit the hand brake angle plate facing downwards for the SVA, as I have already fiited this up the other way with the cables going through the holes in the floor pan does anyone know if this is alright for the test ,and why it's better to have the angle facing down. :wacko:

Hi Rusty,

Not sure why RH have now decided to change the plate :blink: , i failed the sva because i had my plate pointing down (if you know what i mean) this meant that there was loads of bend when you applied the handbrake, Hmmm bit strange that one, after my latest SVA they said it was fine as long as i made sure there was no flexing!

Bugsy

Doesn't make sense to turn it upside down, apart from the danger of grounding it. Mine was fitted the right way up and passed. The examiner made me give some vigourous pulling and decided it was OK.

:D thanks for the response I will leave it as it is, received another letter today with a spacer plate for the steering column U bolt and instructions on fitting the bonnet catches to late for the bonnet catches already fitted I suppose i will have to fit the steering column spacer :gdit:

received another letter today with a spacer plate for the steering column U bolt and instructions on fitting the bonnet catches to late for the bonnet catches already fitted I suppose i will have to fit the steering column spacer

So did I, What is going on! :blink: i get bits to build my car on average once a month, if i had pulled my finger out i would have done about 10k miles by now :blink:

See it pays to take your time :p

Bugsy