For Sale

Guest mickmellors

Guest mickmellors

After many (too many) years of trying to make time to build my 2B I finally have to realise my defeat and admit that I am NEVER going to fulfil my dream of building my own car. There just arent enough spare hours left.

If anyone is thinking of building a 2B from scratch I will be parting with my kit and buying an on the road finished car. The kit is virtually unstarted and pretty much as it left the factory and not 'messed with' - stainless chassis (sliding pillar), mild steel panels, red fibreglass. I have a 1.8 pinto engine which is cleaned and painted, as is the diff and gearbox. All suspension parts, drive shafts etc were sandblasted and painted. All welds on chassis have been wire brushed and/or dressed smooth, and laquered to prevent rusting. I have a vicky green wiring loom as well as the full Sierra loom. I have registration document (E reg) and VIN plate for donor Sierra and all donor parts were from the one car.

First with £1200 gets the above to take away.

I have a maximum budget of around £4000 with which to buy myself an on the road, correctly registered Robin Hood 2B in time to go to this years LeMans 24Hr in mid-June. Ideally I would like to buy well before Easter in order to prove reliability prior to the LeMans trip.

Ideally, (but not compulsory) the car will be -

2B - I need the extra width !!!!!

An E reg (or newer) - I have a personal plate I wish to use

2 litre pinto - injection or carbs

Stainless chassis and panels

Wishbone suspension

Reliable enough to be used as a regular daily car

Built by the seller - so that knowledge can be passed on !

If you are considering selling, or you know of someone who is selling a car that roughly fits this description, please contact me either by PM from this website, by e:mail to mick@rhocar.org or by phone (my number is printed on inside cover of Club Magazine).

Don't sell to a stranger on Ebay - make my dream come true instead !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickmellors

Perhaps £1200 is a bit steep for us Hoodies

OK lets try £1000 - Any takers ?

Form an orderly queue please !

Dont forget the engine, gearbox, diff and rear suspension is all cleaned up, painted and ready to fit.

I will also buy a years membership of RHOCaR for the purchaser as an introduction to our superb Club.

Guest chris brown

Mick put it on eBay with a starting of £950 or so and see how it goes. Do several pictures or put several on here and then direct then to here. That’s what my son does he has a site where he puts lots of pictures and info then on eBay puts one picture small general description and a pointer to his other site. Must be worth a try.

Guest allbejay

okay no one's replying, i've seen 3 here to choose from, one kit, one part built and one complete. i've got the money but need to view before i buy. Please e-mail me i really want a hood. come on help me out guys

Guest allbejay

tim did offer bob, but i wanted a complete one but my partner said no, i've been trying to persuade her but with no joy, have to but a kit so i can build it my own way she said, plus i've spent so much on my engine i have it's a waste not to use it. Thanks again tim i really appreciate it, i'm just sorry i don't wear the trousers around here, a pregnant women is not worth argueing with

Guest mickmellors

I Cant hear the phone ringing !!!!! ;) (Before 9pm please - I need my beauty sleep :wacko: !!!)

I dont see the need for a viewing though - the kit is unstarted and just as it left the factory except for cleaning up the welds, polishing some exposed areas of the S/steel chassis and starting to fit the diff and rear suspension !