Air Filter - Pierburg

Guest salty_monk

Guest salty_monk

Air filter for a Pierburg 2E type twin choke Carb for Drew's 1.8 Pinto.

Pref one that fits under the bonnet! He doesn't want to spend a lot of dough on it as it will have 45 Dellorto's fitted post SVA, just need something to fit for a track day on the 25th of this month.

:)

Guest salty_monk

Possibly use a bit of heater hose (the stuff for air intake - Mini) to as a riser with a stocking over the top, nice idea.

Needs a riser otherwise it will interfere with the butterflies etc

on my pug as theres not alot of room so i fitted pipercross ones onto shorter ram pipes that might work as the individual filters you can cut right down i think mine is only 58mm deep from the carb 16mm rampipe then you need 40mm ish from the end of the pipe to the top of the filter

not to sure but i think the vauxhall engine with a carb (not red top ) also had that type of carb with a small tin like box with a pipe down to an air box so there may be a possability that you could get one from the scraand adapt it to fit

hope this helps

Guest Drewsus

Hadn't thought of that, My old Nova Sr had a pieburg carb. Now were was that awful K&N I used to have??? :p

Will give it a go and find out. Good job I keep all these bits.