Stripped Out Scirocco Gt!

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

got the trailer last weekend (you can have it for a day for £25 if you fix anything that breaks)

picked up the car yesterday morning, pulled everything out the back of it in the afternoon and got it running :D

got it running a lot better this morning, pulled more bits off :rolleyes:

took it to a friend house who lives in the middle of nowhere and let rip :D wheelspin all the way through first and a bit of second :lol: the handbrake works too :rolleyes:

first autotest is next sunday :) (we havnt practised round cones yet but it cant be that hard can it :lol: )

we want to take it to york raceway to see what we can do :D

but what else can we do in it? could we use it for some kind of hillclimbs? and how much to enter?

Thanks

James

post-13-1107730216.jpg

Guest timswait

If it's road legal you could use or for sprints and hillclimbs as it is. If it's not then you'll probably have to fit a roll cage and possibly racing seats, harnesses and extinguiser (that's not how you spell it is it?!). Whatever else you do with it, bring it along to Barkston for the track day!

Tim

Guest docter fox

hopefully il be driving the s7 to barkston with a friend (who half owns the scirocco) and try and persuade dad to bring the scirocco down :rolleyes:

(would it count as 2x £30 or 3x £30? or perhaps even 1x £30? :)

when you say has to be road legal for the sprints, does that mean it just needs an mot? or does it need tax and insurance aswell?

is that a plumbed in extinguisher or just a mounted?

Guest timswait

I think for Barkston, you pay £30 per driver, although you'll need to check with someone. As for entering into MSA sprints I'm not entirely sure, and it will depend on the exact event or championship you're entering, but generally if you drive the car to the circuit then scrutineering will simply consist of a noise check, checking the tyres are listed and having a look under the bonnet to make sure nothing's leaking. If the car isn't registered it will generally need to be entered into a 'modified' class of some description, in which case the safety standards will be higher.

Guest Nick B.

Sorry - its' nothing to do with this post just a quick question.

Is that the 'TIMSWAIT' of SHEFFIELD?

I have a nearly completed 2b in Dronfield. Might be able to join you (and others?) on a drive round Derbyshire this year some time when and if I pass the dreaded SVA.

Guest Nick B.

Hi,

Actually I havent booked it yet but after 2 years of building I am finally at the finishing stages of my build. I am hoping to book it for next month.

Dronfield is between Chesterfield & Sheffield (about 6 miles from Crookes).

Cheers

Nick.

Hi Nick and Tim, I live in Sheffield as well, in Aston (near M1, J31). PM me and we could possibly meet up somewhere!!

I've only just started my build, but inspiration is always welcome, and I'll help all I can too.

Nicko