Abs

Guest paul mercer

Guest paul mercer

HI guys,

If you follow all the threads, you'll know that I have ABS on my car. If you pay attention to all the threads, you'll know that it's stopped working.

I'm assuming some of you probably have bought donor cars that had ABS and haven't used it. If this is the case, I'm after some spares so i can try and figure out what's wrong with mine, using the old swapping of components trick. I'd imaging it's an electrical problem, so the module, sensors etc would be great.

I'll be at detling 2nd/3rd April, so unless you're local, i could meet there if you're going.

Thanks,

Paul

Guest salty_monk

Do you find ABS spoils the driving expereince? I find it quite unnerving if I ever let the ABS come in on my tin top, nine times out of ten I'm cadence braking before the ABS cuts in anyway... Just intrigued, not criticising - each to their own :)

Guest paul mercer

Andy,

When i first got abs on one of my cars i didn't like it at all. Now i wouldn't ever have a car out of choice without is.

I know it's only there for 'emergency' use, but you wouldn't believe how much better my 2b stops without it. I think that because the suspension is so hard ,there maybe isn't enough weight transfer under braking, so when one wheel locks, it stays locked unless you come right off the pedal. The other thing that causes me a prob at the moment is that i still have the abs pump working, which is bloody powerful.

Chris,

I'll try the sensor resistance.

Thanks

Paul