2b Project

Guest red7

Hoodz,

I have received an e-mail from a North East Area New Member.

Andy Starforth has started building his 2B and he would like to invite

the club members help him complete the build. He would like to prove

that a 2B can be built quickly by a crack team as a response to

Caterham's advertised build times. Andy lives in Consett,Tyne & Wear. Anyone interested?

Steve

red 7 the north east is a bit to far for me

i starded building 2b/4 dec 4 04

build is going well. i hope to book S.V.A for august

how long does it take to build 2b?

ive not had any big problems yet :)

but there is time!!

duncan

how long does it take to build 2b?
how long is a piece of string :huh:

It depends on a lot of things like whether its mild steel or stainless. If you make the same stupid mistake as myself and go for mild steel you have to paint it...which requires you to build the whole car, take it all apart to paint then reassemble.

It also depends on how much experience you have, I have had to climb a very steep learning curve.

The hours spent could be spread over many years or you could spend 12 hours a day doing it while unemployed (like I was during the first 8 months of my build, then get a job and your plans are shot...

Dave <_<

Guest docter fox

I'd be up for helping but its 114 miles away :o and I cant drive yet ;)

if hes stil building in the summer then im sure I'll be around there at some point :D

ps. does he mean work during the day at weekends or stay over at his and work till its done?

Guest docter fox

:lol: no but I'm toying with the idea of having serious road trip with a mate around the country, and we could lend a hand for a day on our travels.

it would be in summer after the exams and in the nicer weather if it goes ahead :)

Guest mastarforth

I have to add some points in here

Firstly I have to say I am not trying to shirk out of the building of the car, and so far with the help of the other North East Members when asked upon, the build has gone pretty successfully.

My reason for making the request comes after reading a link on here to a catering van forum, where they are all saying how quick it is to put together one of their so things, and they are all bragging about how quick they did theirs.The comment that got to me, was 6 men round a caterham inside two days!

I thought wouldn't it be good to add to the forum a comment from a Robin Hood Crew that we built a 2B including all mods to parts and true building! Quicker and Cheaper than all of theirs!

What I would fail to tell them is that I am already on to the interior panel work, etc. but they do not need to know that do they!

It would of course mean that I would have the car ready quicker than I had expected and ready for the up-coming season of fun driving! Which of course would be a big bonus!

Anybody who would fancy this should know I have plenty of coffee and chocolate busicuits

Cheers

Andrew

Guest Battery Bill

Andrew

In our case they could have built a Cateringvan in the time it took some of our sealant to dry :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess if you had a group of builders who knew what was required you could do it pretty quickly, but you would need a bigger garage than we have

(Joey and Me fill ours up :lol: :lol: )