Roads In Scotland

e666

Guest captn Pugwash
whatever happened to the proposed scottish trip?

- ive got plenty of cups and a big kettle - you are all welcome.

Im just booking my holiday for this year, fort william area - just got to work out how to get my wife to tow the caravan (flatly refuses) so that I can drive the hood.

The scottish trip is very much in the planning, just waiting for a email back from Loch ken caravan and camping park at Parton Nr Castle Douglas, emailed them again tonight seeing if we can have better rates per night.

Trying to sort out last bits, will post hopefully in the next few days.

Catn Pugwash

Guest captn Pugwash
:)  when are you planing on haveing your camping/driveing trip

in scotland we would love to meet up for wee spin??????

10 -12th july if the camp site owner ever decideds to reply, sent several emals and a letter, will ring hin this weekend.

Planned site is Loch ken caravan and camping park on the side of loch ken, parton, Nr castle Douglas, its a nice site with some cracking roads, concerned about speed bumps on site and have emailed him for details of the height of them.

Will let all concerned know this week

Captn

If anyone else knows of a site and wants to try another camp site, post your thoughts, I chose this one as its got a nice view, and also in the forest on the opposite bank of the loch will be held the scottish Rally whilst there.

Glen Coe Scotland. Fantastic! We had a run up there in October and stopped to take this picture before blasting up the valley. What do you think? As Billy Connolly said on his world tour of Scotland "Where is everybody?"

post-11-1112723169.jpg

I have had a few requests for HI-RES copies of this picture. Just e-mail me at:-

steven_knaggs@yahoo.co.uk and I will reply with an attachment of the picture.

Although this was my favourite from the trip. Not a breath of wind, total calm.

post-11-1112808821.jpg

Guest chrisdavie

Hi everyone this is my first post here, currently looking to buy a robin hood or similar lotus 7 replica type car within the next couple of weeks. I live about five miles outside Glasgow and just wanted to share some of the great roads I have found recently.

One I want to mention is the route I followed to Lochgillphead, starting from Dumbarton you continue along the A82 via Loch Lomond then take a left along the A83 towards Lochgillphead, then you can either continue along the A83 to campbelltown for some amazing costal roads or turn right towards oban and the rannoch moors for more mountains and twisty stuff. Either way you will remember the drive for years to come (even though I was driving a van I still loved it)!

more about the A83

Guest micky bigthumbs

chrisdavie with your love of the roads in that area you need a hood its a different journey each time you drive the same road

Mick

Hi

I dont reckon the super spec is gonna be finished this side of August :boohoo: :boohoo:

But IF there is any summer left when I eventually get it on the road I'm definatley heading back up to Scotland to introduce her to the roads :) :wub:

And as I now know where the mobile camera is on the A74(M) ( thanks to the 3 points they've just sent me :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: ) I can avoid it!!!

e