Steering Location

Guest cjbailey

Guest cjbailey

Speaking to a couple of people when I was at Stoneleigh, I understand that I can position the wheel higher on the dash. How many people have done this, and does anyone have detailed instructions of how this is done! From the brief conversations I understand that the bonnet has to be modified to a more conventional format (ie not the alligator type thing). I still have just under a month before I go to collect the kit, but am interested to find out how difficult this mod will be :rolleyes: !

Many thanks in advance,

Chris Bailey

Guest SteveL

Hi Chris

I have fitted a seperate scuttle by cutting the bonnet in two, fixing the scuttle in place, and hinging the bonnet under the front of the nosecone. Check out my web site for more details.

I would have thought there would be a little bit of leeway so you could raise the steering slightly without the alligator bonnet hitting the steering wheel? It may be one of those things that you simply have to try, and see how it all fits together!

Steve

Guest cjbailey

Yeah... I shall have a look and see, I am 6'4" and sat in a couple of cars at stoneleigh, my knee gets stuck between the tunnel and the wheel when it is in the standard position. The cars I had a sit in both had the runners etc. removed from the seats, so I don't know how much more room there would be with the standard setup.

Guest Battery Bill

Hi CJ

We have fitted our steering wheel comfortably high, and I am 6ft 4. we will be making our bonnet with a fixed scuttle and probably fixed nose cone.

I tried the demonstrator and felt really uncomfortable in it. We have cut the Recaro seats right down to 50mm and fettled the pedal box. (I presume because you are 6 ft + you have big feet like me, therefore the high pedal set up is not too much of a problem as it is with our small footed brothers).

Have a look at our website to see how we are doing ours.

www.billbrown.org.uk

Cheers

Bill and Joey

Guest Robin Allison

I've used an adjustable column from a late model sierra. This allows alot of movment for the wheel, both up/down and in /out.

Rob...