Underfloor Strengthener

Guest Battery Bill

Guest Battery Bill

Hi folks

Any ideas on how the underfloor stiffeners should be attatched to the Chassis tube's. Are they bolted right through or do you use Blind bolts ? How big a bolt is usually used? The rearmost seat one is no problem as it bolts onto the flat chassis plate, but the front one !

Cheers

Guest Petemate

Hi Bill and Joey

My front angle is attached to the chassis tubes each side via M8 bolts, with threads carefully tapped in. Seems solid enough, and the bolts tightened nicely. I was resigned to putting bolts right through if the tubing wasn't man enough, but these and others I've fitted (e.g. fuel tank frame, handbrake angle etc) seem O.K.

HTH

Pete(Oldgit)

Guest john

Hi.

I bolted mine through the chassis tubes, using HT M8's with nylocs on, reason being that if they are to bear load, I don't want them failing.

Can't see the nuts when the seats are in.

regards

Guest neil gale

Bill and Joey

I used M8 Bolts and nyloc nuts, one at each end to make sure the floor is well attached and part of the Chassis. It has to take the seat belt and seat mounts so has a lot of load.

Neil.

Guest Andy Hamilton

Hi guys,

I've just gone straight through the tubing, 8.8 or 10.9 bolts and a nyloc. I've done this in a few places now, including handbrake mounting, handbrake adjuster angle mount etc. It seems fine. I had a think about it like you..... how would I just go through one side and get a good fixing? but my head started hurting, and I just thought ..... ooohhh Doughnuts, and drilled through the whole tube doh!

it's fine!