Quick Release Steering Wheel Hub

Guest Pete Jordan

I have a Snap-Off removable steering wheel adaptor fitted to my sierra column. It uses a hub adaptor specifically made for the sierra column which adapts to a M Range fitting. I decided to keep the original Mountney 11 inch wheel and had an aluminium adapter ring made (the engineering lads at work will do anything for a slab of beer) to fit between the wheel and the removable part of the Snap-Off kit.

The Snap-Off kit is lockable so it can't be pinched if left on the car and the fitting is unique, no two Snap-Off kits are the same.

The kit even comes with a horn push.

To remove the wheel you insert the key and turn then pull two levers and the wheel is released.

To re-fit you line it up, pull the levers, push and it locks into place.

Makes life much easier getting in and out of the car (I am 6ft3in) and is a great security device as well.

If you need and further info or pictures let me know.

post-7-1113341639.jpg

Guest Pete Jordan

Nigel,

looks good and by the sound of it fits onto the Sierra column without modification. Do you know what make it is, how much it was and where I might get one? You said you had to get an adaptor made to fit a Mountney wheel on; do you know what wheel it fits as standard? Mine's a Momo so I'm wondering if it might fit on without an adaptor. Any additional photos would be great, particularly with the wheel off.

Oh, and for Jim's benefit this has nothing to do with racing, its the practivality of being able to get in easily without having to step all over the seats. I'm 6'1" so it's a bit of a tight squeeze. It's also a good security feature as well and if you have a lockable boot, as I do, you don't need to walk around with your steering wheel in hand .....

thanks again Nigel

Pete

Guest Pete Jordan

Thanks rizla. Does the Sanp-Off quick release boss change the position of the wheel a lot ie move it much closer or further away from the driver?

regards

Pete