Ready For Sva

Guest Kev H

Guest Kev H

After 1 year, almost to the day my 2b+ is ready for the SVA. It's booked in at Beverley on 26th at 8.00am!

These pages have provided me with much information and amusement and have been very helpful during the build, certainly more so than the videos.

So I would like to say thanks to everyone and keep up the good work, hope to see some of you soon on the show circuit.

Attached pic taken approx 3 weeks ago

Kev

post-12-1054635120.jpg

Guest neil gale

Kev

Pic looks very impressive

What size alloys do you have on there???

Im looking for some 16's, maybe 17's but i think they will struggle to fit under the cycle wings

Neil

Hi Kev,

First post and an excellent picture, not bad, I hope your SVA goes just as well! Dont forget to let us know how it goes.

I enjoyed the build videos as well, I'm looking out for the sequals:-

"Richard builds a plane (from a Sierra)"

"Richard builds a boat (from a Sierra)"

"Richard builds a tank (that's actually a Sierra painted a different colour)"

I'm going to stop typing now. :)

Guest neil gale

Kev

I think i must have the wide arches by mistake

My 195/60/R14's are dwarfed by them, so there is plenty of room for some 205 16's i think.

I would post a pic but my pc is pants and wont let me today (have a look in Alloys under Maintenance and Mods)

Neil.

Guest Kev H

Neil

I still had to fit 25mm wide wheel spacers at the back to fill out the arches.

ps. made a mistake the tyres are 215 not 205.

Kev

Guest neil gale

Kev

I might struggle with 215's

What offset did you use?? 38 as the normal sierra??

What make are those 6 spokes?

Neil.

Guest Kev H

Neil

I got standard Sierra offset 38mm, If you go for the Peogeot offset which I think is 18mm you will not need the spacers at the back but I'm not sure what this will do to the load on the wheel bearings at the front.

The wheels are TSW Evo R's

Kev

Guest neil gale

Kev

I really want some multi spokes - OZ superleggeras, but they are 900 quid for a set of 5, and the backorders are until 2004.

A set of TSW fly or pace would look good, but still pricey!

I will stick with the sierra offset, i dont think my rear arches are wide, but my front cycle wings seem very wide in comparison to the 195 tyres.

Might need to go the whole hog and get wider arches once i find the alloys dont fit!

Whats the ride like with 16's and 40 tyres??

Neil

Guest cjbailey

Kev, on average how much time have you spent on the car per week? I am just about to embark on a build and would ideally like it to be complete and SVA'd just over a year from the collection date as it would then be on the road from my birthday!... This is, of course, not going to happen, but I can dream :D

Guest Kev H
Kev, on average how much time have you spent on the car per week? I am just about to embark on a build and would ideally like it to be complete and SVA'd just over a year from the collection date as it would then be on the road from my birthday!... This is, of course, not going to happen, but I can dream :D

Chris

I have spent on average 12 hours per week on the project so approx 620 hours, this is only a guess though because time flies when you're having fun!

Kev