S7 For Sale

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

After 10 years Bob must go to make way for Bobson, Son of Bob.

Bob is a Reversed sub frame Cortina based Monocoque S7. He has had serious modifications to the suspension to make it handle better than cars with a much more expensive thoroughbred name. Front suspension geometry is fully adjustable. Rear suspension has been modified to incorporate a full width panhard rod and long parallel trailing arms.

The engine is a 2100cc Pinto with a big valve stage 3 head, RL21 Road Rally cam, vernier cam pulley. A facet fuel pump feeds twin 45 Webber Side draughts through an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. A 19row oil cooler and ducted radiator keep the engine cool. Sparking comes courtesy of an Aldon Distributor, Optronic internals and a flame thrower coil. Despite the lairy cam and lightened flywheel the engine ticks over at 900 rpm. It pulls like a train from 2500 and hits 60 in just under 5 seconds. To buy this engine would cost around £2,000.00.

Wind deflectors and a John Stewart Surrey provide the weather protection. Again I have modified this to incorporate stiffening battens for a bit more stability at high speed.

A pair of cloth bucket seats and three point harnesses complete the seating arrangements.

A full years Tax and MOT until May plus a years free membership to the Owners club come with the car.

Bob may not be the best looking car in the club but it is one of the fastest and better handling.

Offers of £3,500.00 ono

Test drives can be provided to back up my claims.

Ring me on 01159 9192684 or 07890 568 647

He has been driven all year round every year since he was born.

He just needs another good home and a little TLC

post-17-1113641404.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest John Walton

The guy who has bought BOB is called Jim.

Guess what he is going to be called then, hehehehehehehe