200bhp From A Pinto! ... Surely Not!

Guest wesley_uk2k

This bloke can't spell so probably can't count either.

Might get close with the 48's very very high lift no power below 4000 cam and a head flowed by the very best, but i dont think it would much fun on the road.

Guest TerryBarry

I'm sure that was on ebay last year - there can't be two paint jobs like that

Can't remember what price it went to though - and can't be a**ed to try and find out

Guest docter fox

i quite like that :)

seen a few pintos claiming to have 200bhp and a magasine article about tuning them saying that 200bhp was just about possible but required a lot of work

Guest lardy-fatboy

it was on e-bay just before xmas ,i looked at it before settling on my 2b.i sent him a few e-mails but i couldnt get down to see the car before the auction ended so missed out.not sure if its the same owner as the pictures have all changed and there was a lot more info about the car ,i cant believe hes not used it in the last 6 months or even sold it !

i think the auction ended below his reserve so didnt sell.

:blink: what are the wolves and indians about then ?

duncan :D

a while back ( 20 years ) i used to clean the windscreen and make the tea for a rally team that had a 2L pinto built by John Roule of Ford Motor sport fame, it had 196bhp ( the BDA's had about 245bhp I think) and that needed a lot of attention / frequent rebuilds etc. The high bhp numbers are definately what i aspire to but moderated by the ability to drive it day to day.

Guest chris brown
not sure if its the same owner
You could be right Duncan Just had the battery duo round and they think it used to be in Lincolnshire so maybe it doesn’t drive too well and that’s why it’s only got about a month’s normal use on the clock.

Guest Mr Pid

that looks poo! Mutton dressed as Pork!

Fair enough the bits that were not done by him are nice ie paint job (not sure on theme tho!) the dash looks terrible-with the sun behind you you're gonne be blinded, note what he says about fitting spacers to the wheels-shame he didnt fit wide wings or extend the wings so they fit and cover the wheels properly. Doubt the rest of the car will cope with 200 ponies (not from the paint job!).

Good luck to him tho!

:huh:

Guest Jaffer
YOU WILL PULL THE CHICKS WITH THIS.
Mmmmm not sure my 'Chick' would agree ;)

200 bhp... from 1993cc pinto.... probably not :p

Number plates are illegal too... won't take long to get 'pulled' with those on! :lol:

Guest salty_monk

Sanspeed have a couple of rally prepped Mk2 RS2000's. The guy there said they were chucking out 205 or 212BHP, can't remember which but they were seriously breathed upon & would rev to 8500rpm with no power till about 4,500.... I'm guessing this guy has just plucked the figure out of thin air.... :)