Handbrake

Guest Wick12

Guest Wick12

Has any body had trouble with the handbrake on super spec passing the SVA I am a bit concerened! it seems as though you need to be a gorilla to reach when the seat belts are on?

Guest bugsy

Hi Wick,

Yes haveing long arms does help! :lol:

It came up at my SVA test and what was suggested was that i "fix" the seat in a position so that it can be reached easily (not able to move the seat back) easier than it sounds i know!

Test ctrs vary a lot so you might get away with it!

Good Luck!

Bugsy

I panicked and decided to fix the handbrake to the top of the tunnel top. It is possible if you make the decision before you fit the petrol tank. It did involve a fair bit of extra work but makes a neater job underneath, is quite a bit stronger and is much easier to reach. In hindsight i think it would have passed SVA with the handbrake on the floor!!! I can provide you with more details if you want to go that route.

John

Guest Wick12

Thanks john I would be greatfull if you could give me a few details of the hanbrake on the tunnel ,I do'nt think I will move it yet I will see how I get on with SVA at chelmsford first.

Do you know if you have to have pedal rubber on throttle?

Guest chris brown
Do you know if you have to have pedal rubber on throttle
No you don’t you only need a non slip device (rubber, engraved mettle or even holes in the pedal will suffice) the brake pedal is the only one that is a requirement as it must be assumed by someone at VOSA that having your foot slip of the clutch wouldn’t effect you under braking.

Wick

If you have the opportunity, I would cut down the width of the throttle pedal. I found that I pressed both the brake and the throttle under braking (not nice). I have now cut off the brake side of the throttle to make more clearance and it works much better. It passed SVA like that mind.

I will get back to you with details about the handbrake later - I will have to lift the carpet and remind myself what I did.

John