Sva Pass

Guest neil gale

Guest neil gale

What a busy day thursday turned out to be...

MOT re-test 9am - Passed ( required a shorter fan belt and re-adjusting the rear drum shoes so the handbrake worked equally on both sides)

SVA re-test 11am - Passed. Checked over all the fail points and then weighed her. Robin Hood figures are a joke, he said!

350 front axle, 400 back axle, with me in, (not 650 and 400 as RHE quote)

Straight to VRO centre, all the documents there and my MAC in one hand and MOT in the other......

sorry sir, it will take 48 hours to register, we will phone you when its done :angry:

Hopefully it will arrive today or tomorrow and i can start cruising (if the sun holds out)

One happy chappy :D :D :D

Regarding the weights, the RHE figures are the MAXIMUM TOTAL VEHICLE WEIGHTS - the gross weights. IE what the car can reach before it falls apart. This would include 2 elephant sized passengers, a boot full of luggage, and a full tank of fuel.

The weight you have from your SVA is what is weighs when partly laden (ie you were sitting in it). At my SVA they did this "with driver" weight, but also the bloke got out in order to measure the "kerb weight" - that's the vehicle weight with a full tank of fuel, but no passengers or luggage.

Hope that clarifies it a bit.

Anyhow, congratulations on the pass. What's it driving like? I bet you're enjoying the sunny weather now!

Ant

Guest neil gale

I see

He did measure it with me and without to get the weights for whatever he used them for.

Would have to be pretty heavy for two people and a boot full of luggage to weigh 350 kg!!!!

Driving well so far, have fitted the windscreen and hood (sorry mr sva) just cant wait for the tax and reg to arrive!!!!

Hope she gets to keep the original reg. no. too :huh:

will post a piccy but my resize program has expired :angry:

Neil