Trimming Rear Panel

Guest Mr Pid

Guest Mr Pid

Has anyone got any tips on neatening up the back panel where it joins on the rear chassis bar which the boot lid/sides rest on?

I have so far had it covered with leathercloth where the stainless meets the chassis but it likes to peel off :angry:

Any tips on this unsightly mess? :huh:

Cheers

Stu

Guest Petemate

Hi Stu

There are a number of seal types at Woolies etc, comprising a snap-on bead with rubber flap attached, like a door seal. I saw a few owners at Stoneleigh had used this sort of solution to good effect. Whilst my own is reasonably neat, I plan to go along this route, clipping the seal on the "boot" sides.

HTH

Pete(Oldgit)

Guest Mr Pid

Cool,

Cheers pete, i shall take a trip to down woolies and see what i can find, what did you use to stick it on?

The only things on my hood that i stuck on and are still stuck are the ones with araldite. This is a bit like overkill though dont you think?

Stu :D

Guest graham dockerill
;) Stu I think when Pete said woolies he ment www.woolies-trim.co.uk not woolworths, but there again I might be wrong and you live just down the road.

Guest Petemate

Stu

I haven't actually got the trim yet, but it clips on much like the clip-on beading in the kit, but has a nice flange of rubber which is shaped to nicely grip the rear panel round its sides. The ones I've seen have varied in the rubber width, and careful choice should give a neat result.

HTH

Pete(Oldgit)

Stu,

I used the door seal off the sierra, trimmed off the 'o' section of the seal.

The seal then clips over some thin ply covering the boot area and the bottom lip goes around the s/steel back panel covering all sharp edges, rivets (and mistakes :rolleyes: )

As Pete says, they have lots of trim like this at Woolies, some of which I've been meaning to get but the door seal works just as well for the time being and it was free.

Les