The Lion Run

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Tim Norman

We have set the date for the Lion Run. We shall be travellling North from nottingham to the Lion Inn @ Blakey Ridge over the third weekend in August 21-22nd August.

All welcome.

More details on request or nearer the time.

• 1 month later...

I've at last persuaded my dearest wife :wub: the Hood is safe :rolleyes: , still working on my driving :lol: , so our room is booked at the Lion Inn (she would only go if I had a tent with en suite facilities):blink:

Looks like I will have to fit some sort of weather protection for her. (Anyone seen a streamlined umbrella anywhere?) :gdit:

Please let me know the details of the run when they are finalised.

Guest Tim Norman

Brief details

Meet at the Little chef on Redhill Island Junction A60 A614 nottingham at 9-9:30 on Saturday.

we call in at Bawtry to pick up a non-hoodie (sue's brother)

drive up the A614 towards Driffield.

Turn left towards Norton where we stop for lunch.

Cross country to Hutton Le Hole then a sprint up the hill to the Lion, flying is option but inevitable at speeds over the legal limit.........apparently. :D

All welcome and you can tag on along the way, or we can meet you at the Lion.

Sunday is either a trip in to Scarborough or Whitby for a paddle waffle and other health snacks before setting of back via whatever route we decide.

A more detailed route / timing is available on request. A more definate list of who's coming would be nice.

It is the weekend after the Harrogate show.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Can those of you who are coming and not either meeting us there or starting with us at Redhill Little Chef drop me an email so I can work out where and when we will meet along the route

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bob's Babe

The weathe rforecast has changed quite a bit over the last three days....

from a baking 26C to horrendous rain all weekend to the odd shower.... :ph34r:

They now say some sunshine with a posssible shower. :rolleyes:

I'm taking the sun block and the rain poncho and wellies!

See you at 9.30am!! :D

SUE :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tim Norman

Just as an epitaph my car died on the way home as did Any Whealdons. I managed to get 1 mile from home before he finally gave up and I returned home on the back of a truck. Andy stopped about 70 miles out. :boohoo: I eventually worked out that the coil had packed up and took a set of points out with it. I rang RPI enginnering who were very apologetic and sent me another coil and a new pair of points. These were fitted this morning but still he wouldn't run cleanly. After much searching and head sratching John White checked the condensor and was getting some very strange readings. We concluded that the wire was broken and was giving a inconsistent and weak spark. RPI will be getting another phone call on Tuesday.

How do you break the wire to the condensor when you don't need to touch it or go anywhere near it?

GITS :gdit: