Series 3 Wings

Guest johnboymac

Guest johnboymac

some bloke stopped me at the weekend when I was out in the hood - turns out he owns a series 3, so he gave me his phone number and I will arrange to take a look (funny how you meet people with hoods) - amongst other things, he lives in the street opposite mine.

He had cycle wings on his 3, but one blew off so he is considering changing to swept wings, has anyone got swept wings on their series 3 and if so do you have any pictures of how you fitted them?

J

do try to persuade him to stay with the cycle wings. Get new brackets etc. even new wings if that one's damaged (or paint them) swept wings, although they look for "original" are a pain in the rear!, you have to stretch over them to work in the engine bay. they make the car go "light" at anything over 70mph.

I've heard of lots of people converting from swept wings to cycle wings, but not the other way! <_<

Jim

Did you point him to the Club and this website?

If you really want swept wings its your lucky day, i have a set from a 3 with the front stays, the rear ones were just bent square tube and i chopped them up for other use weeks ago. Colour Green. condition, never been fitted.