Brake Pipe P-clips

Mat-Moo

Guest Mr Pid

Hi,

I went to the grief of making some out of the stainless, took ages and wouldnt recomend it. :(

I would go for the rubber lined ones if i were you. I secured them every 3.5" to be on the safe side- i think Richard says every 4" or so on the vids.

weird bit- when i was drilling the chassis to rivet the p-clips on, water ran out and the chassis tube was sealed both ends?!? :huh:

Dunno what the SVA men say about this though.

Good luck

Stu

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Mat

I did mine every 3" !!! Manly because I didn't want them going anywhere and it looks so neat! I used the Y type clips as well as p-clips. I only used the plastic p-clips in the tunnel where the aluminium (I didn't use the supplied steel) tunnel sides were a bit too thin for the Y clips which worked fine in the Sub-K chassis.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

P.S. Although you can hardly see them there are black Y clips holding the brake pipe in front of the radiator!

post-7-1055454973.jpg

Mat

You can get them from Maplin for £1.50 for 100!

So it won't cost much :D

Dave

Got a code number? I guess they are plastic clips? Is that suitable, those lines can get pretty hot under lots of braking etc.

I used a bunch of Pyro wiring clips which I had lying around. They are bigger than the pipe and a bit of washer tubing slit and fitted over the tube then packs and pads the space nicely. Not sure what the cost would be if you actually had to buy the stuff though.

Iain

Guest paul thompson

I used a mix of Production style plastic clips, usually held on by a fir tree weld stud, and plastic P clips, all held on with self tappers. I used to work for a brake tube company and the OEM's use the rule clip every 3-400 mm, less if more control over position is required. The OEM's however use a steel tube not the soft copper rubbish that comes with the kit. I used this tube, a hand bender and my experience of bending tubes on protoype vehicles. The main thing with the clipping is that the tubes are held so that the do not chaff anything and are not likely to be removed from the clip in normal use. In the tunnel I used bundle clips which hold both the fuel tubes and the brake tube in one clip. in the back I used 2 Production style clips one each side, in the engine compt. I ued one double clip on the RH to side rail, and 2 P clips on the lower angle of the double wishbone for the front left wheel. Not SVA'd yet but it's coming soon.

Paul

Guest DaveB

Hi Matt

I have still got some Brass ones left see my ad I am not sure about using plastic they don't like heat and go brittle with age.

Dave B :D