Chassis Modifications

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Guest Paul S Usowicz

Hi All

After much talking, and many requests, I finally got round to getting a picture of my modified chassis scanned today. As you can see I have added/changed quite a lot of the rear chassis. Black bits are original chassis, shiny/rusty bits are added. Changes are:-

1) The seat back section is now completely flat which will make panelling a doddle.

2) The top of the seat back panel is now flat along the entire width of the car.

3) The boot top section is now perfectly square and flat. This will make fitting a lid easier and enable me to use 3rd party rear wings as the sides of the car will now be flat.

4) The diagonal tube coming down replaces the old curved one (follows the arches). This allows me to place the rear wings according to the suspension setup instead of the other way round.

Hope this gives others some food for thought as to what can acheived if you're not too happy with the Robin Hood way of doing things. Another plus is that the spare wheel fits into the boot as well. I'll keep you all posted of any other mods that may be of interest.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

It's a Sub-K by the way.

post-3-1055454558.jpg