Acelerator Pedal

Guest mastarforth

Guest mastarforth

I have just fitted the accelerator pedal to the driver side footwell, and I am worred about the length of the pedal.

Could you please let me know what mods people have made to the accelerator pedal to get full play on the pedal without it bottoming out on the floor, I thought I may cut 10mm off the base of the foot plate, or may ask a friend to cut an inch out of pedal arm and weld it back up?

What are your thoughts?

andrew

Guest Battery Bill

Andrew

Look Here To see a bit about our Accelerator pedal fit.

And on this picture you can see the stop bar fittted. It contacts the top half of the pedal and stops you pushing too hard and breaking something on the cable side of things

post-13-1117816150.jpg

Guest chris brown

My pedal is mounted on pillars (tubes with long bolts) holding it away from the b/head so as to get full throttle about an inch to 1.5 inches before it hits the firewall and as there is a spring in the system it does not put excessive strain on the cable. As for hitting the floor I have never heard of that happening in fact I have a 1 inch dummy floor fitted so as to make the pedals reachable.

Guest mastarforth

I had

I must have had a few beers last night when I fitted the pedal, I fitted the pedal to the firewall and not the pedal mounting Bracket! WHY!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help, just been out to focus for some tubing to make some spacers, thanks bill

Andrew