Quick Shift Kit

Guest cabbie

Well, after 2 years of having a copy of Dave Andrews instructions printed off I finally altered my gearstick today. :p (Fed up of knocking my sons arm out of the way to get it into 2nd and 4th :lol: )

Works a treat

Les

Oh, and my polyprop spacer

post-5-1118696089.jpg

I need help to get my head round this one, all the posts so far i understand however my solution was going to be to just cut the gear stick shorter thus reducing the throw or does this make gear selection to stiff. I remember a drive in a Piper kit a couple of centuries ago and the gearstick was about 3 inches

Paul,

I cut a couple of inches off the gearstick to reduce the amount of travel which helped a bit but you need to cut quite a lot off the gearstick to get the same result as moving the pivot point up the shaft a small amount.

Les

I see now, the fulcrum point raised reduces travel more at the shorter end. For my car i will use a bit of both, not to much at the short end and a couple of inches, for the look of it, at the knob end. Phnaar, Phnaar.