Efi Airflow Sensor

Guest timswait

Guest timswait

I'm now the proud(?!) owner of a 2.0 EFi Sierra which I'm about to take the engine out of to put into my 2B. I've noticed the airflow sensor is on the air filter box, I was thinking of putting a K&N or similar filter on it in the hood, I was wondering what you guys did with air filters and the airflow sensor?

Guest Mr Pid

Unfortunately you cant just ditch the airflow meter, I stuck mine right at the front of the car, in the nose cone area.

You can get replacement elements such as K&N-Pipercorss etc, but if you want a cone filter you will have to get hold of an adaptor plate hich bolts on where the air box attaches.

Speak to Burton Power. Demon Tweeks etc all the usual helpful tuning chappies! ;)

Have Fun

Stu :rolleyes:

Guest C7SVN

I have just fitted a 2.0 efi to my series2. I fitted the standard air box (trimmed down in height) just in front of the scuttle. I linked it up to the throttle body with a length of 2 3/4 inch flexible hose from a sherpa van (commercial scrapyard). It may not be the best solution for airflow but it looks nice and tidy and still uses the original sierra filter.

My solution is on my web site - Feb 03 entry in the build diary. There's a photo of my filter, "top hat adapter" and mounting bracket. (Sunday 23rd Feb I think).

The filter is from demon tweeks and cost about 28 or 30 quid. The adapter plate is plastic and screws to the flow meter and has a round collar which the filter pushes straight on to. I think it was about 15 or 20 quid - quite expensive for a piece of plastic, but I couldn't see an alternative which is both simple and neat.

The bracket is a bent piece of 1/8th aluminium and goes vertically between the two cross members behind the radiator. It's fairly close to the dizzy in situe, and requires a piece of 60mm (I think) ribbed pipe to connect the flow meter up to the front of the throttle body on the inlet manifold. I got this pipe from a scrappy - lots to choose from as most air intakes use this sized pipe.

Ant