Emerald Management

Guest allbejay

Guest allbejay

Remeber the one i just brought of ebay, found out it doesn't have the capabilities to fit a zetec with it's 36 point crank pick up sensor, so no good to me now.

will run anythin with a dizzy up to 8 cylinder, ie rover v8- pinto. B) B)

I paid 550 for it about a week ago, looking to get 500 hundred back, i know these cost around 700 once you put vat on top of them.

Still new and unused with new loom, manual (wiring diagram), ignition module, throttle position switch, computer lead and software to download. brilliant service from emerald so your get free good advice and they will send you a base map for you to download to suit the application your looking for. pm me for any more questions

Regards bejay

Guest Greg

Hi Bejay,

I've just taken this exerpt from the emerald manual.......

"The emerald ECU can trigger from a multi tooth crankshaft based signal. Many modern engines have a crankshaft/flywheel mounted trigger arrangement. Different manufacturers have adopted various patterns and types but the most common types are the ford 36-1 or the bosch 60-2. Other notable patterns are.........blah blah blah. The resulting signal is no different as far as the ECU is concerned."

So it seems to me from this that it is capable of running the zetec pattern (but of course I could be wrong :) ).Even if my assumption is not correct you can fit another trigger wheel with the right configuration to provide the necessary signal. Karl or Dave at emerald could clarify any issues you have if you contact them.

HTH

Greg

Guest allbejay

well as i have already e-mailed Karl regarding this quoting the serial number, he said it would be too much hassle to modify my existing one so i'm just going to sell it, beside i've already brought a replacement. It would be a case of somehow mounting a dizzy set up ona car that doesn't run one and i think thats just way to much hassle, u have to remember it is a couple of years old so the unit they advertise now is slightly different

:p :p

Guest micky bigthumbs

Bejay

I only saw your add when it was sold so i got intouch with emerald for my V6 Nissan but they cant help and they only go up to 270bhp

"This isn't an engine we have done yet so I can't really help you. Our ECU does not currently read the trigger pattern for this engine. "

Dave Walker

Tel: 01953 889110

Fax: 01953 889004