Weather Gear - Storing Side Panels

Guest Jim Castle

Guest Jim Castle

In the process of fitting the weather gear to my 2b (hood to my hood?) Where do you store the side screens when traveling with weather gear down? Boot seems a tadge small

Regards

Jim

Guest Mr Pid

Hi Jim,

there was a thread on this a fer weeks ago, I think most people tuck the doors behind the seats, i think there was also a comment on collapsable doors?!

Havent driven mine yet so hood is stuck firmly in place.

Hope this helps a bit.

Stu :rolleyes:

No, they are (were?) standard. Top half is perspex, bottom half vinyl covered wood. They're pretty naff really - i have seen numerous different styles/materials and mine have to be one of the worst. Can't help you out with the real thing at Newark as I've managed to let the MOT run out - thought I was going to be away this weekend anyway - now I'm free but without my RH. I'll sort some pictures out.

Hi Jim,

The side screens can just be "wangled" under the roll bar, and fit between the rear cross braces.

The bottom sits on the boot lid & the top sits on the headrests.

They cant get out of the sides, or the back.

You can use bungees to stop them flapping.

I've just done about 800 miles to LeMans, Loire valley & an airshow in Paris

over the last 2 weeks. They stayed in place no problem at some silly speeds.

Bob (now pronounced "Berb")

Guest Rob Walters

Jim mines one of the older S7's and the side screens sit in the area where your boot will be, I ve got a flat area here as opposed to the boot area the 2b's seem to have, then my torneau cover goes over the top of it. I have to put them in a certain way but they do go in. may be consider making this area flat instead of the boot area ?

I have also seen threads about doors folding in half to take up less speed, I think it was on the older site under some thing like side screens or wet weather gear.

regards

Rob