Which Seats

gomatthome

Am thinking of changing over my seats and am looking at the cobra clubman and the corbeau 2000 or 2004. any recommendations on best fit.

nb does the 4 point harness fix direct to the seat and do you need to purchase seat runners.

currently building 2b4

phil

Guest micky bigthumbs

There have been lots of posts on seats.. ive changed mine twice ..check past posts there is loads of advice and manufacturers

good luck

Mick

looked only confused. The MR2 seats i am using fit much better than the original sierra seats but its the seat belt anchorage (inside) points have the problem with as these need to be mounted to floor -no provision on the seat and just no room.

Has anyone used the 2004 corbeau seats or can provide links to previous posts that i have not found.

phil

Guest salty_monk

MR2 seats are a good choice, lots of people have them fitted. I'm sure you can make it work.

They are probably much better quality than any of the cheap aftermarket buckets.

Dan :)

Guest salty_monk

He has Mk1 MR2 seats fitted & is worried about where to fix the belts. I know there are some peops with those same seats fitted so hopefully a few pictures will surface soon... :)

Guest chris brown
do you need to purchase seat runners.
Not unless you are short 5' 6" ish or you will be looking over the screen most of us have to fix the seats hard down so as to be sitting just 3 or 4 inches off the floor.

thanks for the link to bills site looks like a great solution if only i had known earlier in the build but would need to virtually dismantle the car now to do this modification. there must be anoter way just cant think of anything just at present.

now very worried my solution wont pass inspection.

any helpful thoughts appreciated.

phil

is the 2b4 chassis similar to the 2b ie does it have the square plates weld in at the rear of the cockpit area for mounting the sierra axle?

if it does could you secure a piece of say 35mm angle iron across the width of the car to these plates under the floor as an anchorage for your inner seat belt mounts.

then use some of the same angle iron to act as your mounts inside the car fitted flush against the tunnel side with the other part of the angle against the floor and all secured by drilling and fixing with m10 bolts all round.

before fitting the inner mounts drill them for the seat belt bolts and weld captive nuts on the sides that will be flush against the tunnel, this means you will have to make a hole in the tunnel side to accept the nut, but its only a case of drilling /making one hole about 20mm dia in each side of the tunnel

the angle iron should only be about 3-4 mm thick so if it interferes with the fit of the seats to the floor you might have to pack seats up that much using washers or some pieces of angle iron.

this is very similar to how i've done mine but as i've fitted intatrim seats which are very narrow space was never an issue

can mail you some pics if you like or if you fancy a drive out its only 45 mins from sheffield to my place and you can see it in all its glory

steve

Guest vacinc
Am thinking of changing over my seats and am looking at the cobra clubman and the corbeau 2000 or 2004. any recommendations on best fit.

nb does the 4 point harness fix direct to the seat and do you need to purchase seat runners.

currently building 2b4

phil

i started changeing seats last night. i have 2 cobra seats ,but no runners or frames, im planing to remove the seat runners from the old seats i took out.Imgoing to run a grinder along them and shorten the frame hight ( have to change because im fed up looking at the top of the windscreen, seat are to high ) you could bolt them straight to the floor , but im 6" 2 and its just to low ( how low can you go, snakes belly ) oops sorry got carried away there. ill send a few pictures later of seats getting fitted.

Guest vacinc
I fitted cobra monaco seets into my 2B with runners can see through the middle of the screen (i'm 6ft) they also will take a 5 point harness

were you buy the runners ?

Guest klaxon

Another method of anchoring the seat belts..... This bracket has the correct type nuts welded in place and is bolted thro the floor into the rear seat support angle. It fits inside the tunnel and is shown here with the O/S tunnel side panel removed.

post-5-1125129244.jpg

• 3 weeks later...