Build Order

Guest bloke

Guest bloke

Here's a thread for all of you hoodies who have completed their build or are close

I'm picking my kit up on Saturday (and can't wait to get started) and am wondering what you would suggest as a effective and logical build order for jobs to do to complete the 2B

:ph34r:

Guest Battery Bill

Hey Bloke

I know its too late now (And we have not nearly finished yet) But, if we had our time again we would have cleaned and assembled the rear wishbones, dion tube, rear axle's, diff. We would also have refurbished the front stub axle's.

The engine was another thing, we spent nearly a month restoring (during our build)that and we felt bad because we were not touching the car whilst we were messing about with it.

So hurry up and get all this done before Saturday.

good luck

Bill and Joey

Guest bloke

too late!!?

oh heck, not managed to source a donor yet (hopfully close though) :blink:

will need to refurbish donor parts as suggested and what happens next on the build?

I too wish I'd spent longer cleaning all the bits that I put in the car. I didn't touch the engine, I wanted to just get it in and spend time in the future with a new engine and change it later.

Watch ALL the videos first. I did everything in the same order as they did, watched a bit, did a bit you get the drift. However, towards the end they seem be less helpful. They don't even finish the car!

Remember to put pipes in the tunnel and grese the drive shaft befor you box it in!

Do somthing every day.

Think of each small part as a project, that way, you get lots of satisfaction as you finish lots of small projects!

Go to the shows, they are full of insperation and idears.

Read the SVA manual, it'll save you lots of wory.

Guest Andy Rathbone

I did my 2B twice once a dry build then stripped and painted the chassis then rebuild, with grease and nylock nuts, as for a definative build order, i started with the rear suspension and it was down hill from then ha ha ha yeah right. i found that doing somthing would impact on somthing else so do that first so no real order just 2 or 3 things happening at a time. at the moment i am doing the front cycle wings and the boot floor, they dont get further apart. good luck and enjoy your build, if you start and lose your rag STOP and come back to it, remember its a hobby so enjoy it!! ;)

Guest Paul S Usowicz

I have been braking mine down into nice little chunks as suggested above as well. My first aim was to get the chassis rolling. Next is to get the car driveable (note that this means the absolute minumim required). This will then be followed by things like, full electrics, interior, dash, panels, etc.

My advice is watch the videos, stop laughing and watch them again taking lots of notes. Look at peoples build diarys on the web. Based on the preceeding info formulate a plan to suit your timescale and budget.

Cheers

Paul S Usowicz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bloke

only engine n gear box to go from the donor

lookin at the rear sub frame now an watchin the vid

does the mcpherson top (inner - just dismantled the strut using rope no problem really but took it real careful 'said zebidy) washer really go on the rear axle under rubber bush and the top mcpherson washer (inside the engine bay on top) go on the top

the vid is none to clear :blink:

Guest daveg
does the mcpherson top .......washer really go on the rear axle under rubber bush and the top mcpherson washer.....go on the top

Yep that sounds correct....this helps locate the frame, the second bolt holds it firmly.

Dave

Guest bloke

ta 4 replies

tb

the washer underneath looks like top mcp washer located in the engine bay

if you use inner mcp washer(located just above spring- requiring splitting strut) underneath subframe it rests on the big rubber! prob wearing over time and loosening??

all this is a bit worrying as this is the first part of the build!!!!!? :blink:

thanks again