Propshaft

Guest Twoscoops

Guest Twoscoops

Basic question really but the propshaft supplied with the 2B has got grease nipples right.....does this meant that the proshaft has already been greased or not...????

Guest TerryBarry

OK

For "shove" read - inject using a suitable grease gun - taking all necessary precautions for dealing with high viscosity petroleum product under pressure.

HTH

Terry

Guest Andy Rathbone

i preferred the term "shove" thanks for the reminder 3 years into the build and hopefully nearly finished but i hadden't greased my nipples :huh:

Cheers :D

Guest TerryBarry

Hi there,

Any general purpose high melting point grease

For example:- lithium, molybdenum disulphide or EP2 type grease will do.

I'm based in Camberley and about halfway (optimistically) through a 2B build if you want to observe a RH lunatic at work contact me via a PM on this board.

Cheers,

Terry

I'll grease them as a precautionary measure, but I don't think RHE make the propshafts themselves, they buy them in, in which case it'll be pre-greased anyway. Though obviously this is only speculation.

Ant

Guest Twoscoops

Thanks for all your replies...I just had to explain to the missus who's nippples I was greasing......could of been dangerous...!!!!!

When I'm further through the build Terry I might just have to come round for a nose...