Chip Shop Diesel...

Guest salty_monk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to run my Peugeot 205 1.8D on 50/50 veggie/diesel quite often, Tesco used to sell 3 Litres of veggie oil for £1.20. price has gone up a bit now..

Deffinatley add 3-4% v/v of white sprit or other solvent, like Ethanol or Methanol that you can buy form your local Model Shop- £5 / gallon.

When it ran the smell was like a bbq..

stefz

Guest steve_m77

Mine is running 60:40 diesel:oil and doesn't feel any different, if anything it's slightly better at low rpm but less powerful at the top - I could be just imagining it though, time will tell.

Going to run this tank through then a straight diesel tank to see if I can feel the difference.

My wallet can feel the difference - £0.44/litre at Morrisons plus a splash of white spirit, probably about half the price of regular diesel.

Guest steve_m77

After a long run today it does seem to be very slightly down on power, not a lot but just enough to notice, it's only when acclerating hard that I can tell so not too critical, it's a Mondeo TD so acceleration has never been strong anyway :lol: :D

Guest craig030774

are you using used oil it is a lot better

if you use new stuff it can cause problems

the way to use new oil is with a seperate tank uprated fuel lines change over solenoids and to start and stop the engine on deisel

Guest salty_monk

New Oil doesn't have bits of chip or batter floating around in it.. much less calorific value... :p :D

Actually I'd like to know too... doesn't seem to be causing a certain pair of people any problems.. :p :D

Guest craig030774

used oil has been heated up to a temperature where it has been "cracked" thus in refining

when you put the white spirit in old oil you will see a white soap like substance at the bottom,this will knacker your engine up

if you just use new oil this process does not work and you end up with the white bit in your oil

i.e it only seperates when it has been used

hope that makes sense