2b Pick-up

Guest cjbailey

Guest cjbailey

I was planning on doing all body panels (and the floor) with stainless rivets. All the important stuff (suspension, seatbelt mounts, engine mounts, etc.) I was planning on using the supplied stuff for. Would this be OK then, or should I put things like the floor in with self tappers as seems to be infered.

Guest paul thompson

Hi Chris, I use 4 mm dia Stainless Rivets to hold the floor on the chassis tubes every 100 mm, the tunnels sides are held on with m6 stainless bolts with a large washer through the 2 panels, and the seats are held on with M8 high tensile bolts through 2 cross car angle supports with nylocs.

I have jumped up and down on the floor a few times and it carries my weight no problemo (15 stone)

Paul

Guest TerryBarry

Chris,

I've used the self tappers supplied for initial fitting - like about six to hold the floor onto the chassis. Once happy with this I then drilled and riveted the rest using 4.8mm s/s rivets.

I used the same proceedure on the tunnel sides and foot panels - once satisified I enlarged the holes and fitted M6 setscrews - Yes I know it means doing it twice but a number of bits have to come off and go back again with monotonous regularity.

The videos make it look easy - fit tunnel walls then go on to next bit.

In real life - you will need to go back and fit brake & fuel pipes, seat belt mountings, rear wiring harness etc etc up the inside.

You will also notice in the videos that many parts are fitted to a near bare chassis - for clarity I suppose - you however will have other bits in the way.

HTH

Terry