2b For Sale

Guest Angel Boy

Guest Angel Boy

I have for sale my much loved but woefully under used Robin Hood 2B. It was completed and SVA'd in September 2002.

It is the mild steel type with wishbone suspension. The donor car it was based upon was a 1.6 LX but has since had a 2.0 litre pinto engine fitted. The engine itself has had what was claimed by the seller to be an RS200 cylinder head fitted (not sure how you tell) but more importantly it had a new Kent FR32 cam fitted. The head has been ported by myself and has a 38 DGAS carb along with the RH 4-1 manifold/exhaust combo fitted. New brake components throughout including callipers have been fitted. It also has one of the fabulous plastic tanks fitted as made by the Plastic Tank man.

The interior although using the standard Sierra instrument cluster has got Corbeau buckets fitted with four point harnesses and toggle switches for the main engine start functions. A Pioneer 4x40W CD/stereo is also fitted with two 6x9 speakers, one fitted behind each seat. There are also some nice round speakers fitted in the footwell (can't remember the make at the minute and I am at work).

As a result of its under use and subsequent storage a few minor rust spots have appeared on the bodywork and on the rear passenger wheel arch I lightly caught the corner of the house resulting in some scratches in the GRP. As the GRP is painted anyway it just needs some filler and sanding down. These small touch up jobs and the fabrication of the boot would be ideal for someone not wanting to build a complete car, but willing to take on some small touch up/fabrication jobs. For the boot I have all the chrome tubes, carpet and handles (no lock/hinges though) etc which will be included.

It is currently taxed till 30th November 2005 and MOT'd to 26th May 2006.

I would love it to go to someone who would give it the use it deserves and get the same amount of enjoyment out of it as my family and I have.

I am located in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, but willing to travel a sensible distance on a secured sale.

More pictures are available on request.

I am looking around the £3000 mark. PM me for more details or to view.

Many thanks,

Andy

ps forgot to add that it has a vernier pulley fitted as well.

post-17-1127166531.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest M.D.McLeod

I am interested in your car if it is still for sale. Can you please email me or call me on 07977218930. (M.D.McLeod@admin.gla.ac.uk) I live in Glasgow so we are no too far from each other.

Guest Angel Boy

Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in the car. It got sold today. Feels like I have lost a family member. It will be missed :( :( :boohoo: :boohoo: :( :(

Malcolm,

Apologies for not getting in touch with you personally but by the time I got your message (last night), I was getting ready to sell the car today. I hope you get sorted.

Ian,

Glad you got sorted.

Once again many thanks to all.

Mat,

Can you close this thread please.

Andy