Cone Shaped Stoneguard Things

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

Just wondering about peoples opinions on whether to keep the cone shaped things on the side of the car (mk1 s7), I dont suppose they make much difference aerodynamically and I don't really like the look of them, but they cover up the view of the rear suspension, but I thought it'd look better if I gave the trailing arms a nice coat of paint?

All opinions welcome :)

post-5-1127752388.jpg

They cover the ends of the rear suspension beam and outer swing arm mount bracket which sticks out a bit on earlier Hoods. Nothing to stop you taking them off, grinding of any redundant beam and welding a patch over the end to keep strength. Wise to check beam fixing bolts after. Will still be a bit proud. Personal choice I guess.

Nigel

Guest docter fox

am I right in thinking that Dave is one of the ones who has taken them off? sorry this is the only pic i could find :lol:

does anyone know if his didn't not come with them originally as I can't be sure?

post-11-1096302828.jpg

Just going in the garage to experiment :)

Guest docter fox

I've decided to keep them but to try and polish the metal, as the flakey green never really looked very good and I don't know whether paint and lacquer would be up to the job, so going to try and polish them up to match the stoneguards on the arches :)