Vauxhall Xe Cooling

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Guest Stuart Ainslie

Just about to order my inlet manifold from Bogg Bros, do I need to retain the water outlet from the head to inlet manifold ? I am not using a heater.

Planning to just use the water pump inlet and outlet pipework and blank off the port in the back of the head.

Ta....

Guest Bazwaz

Hi Stuart.

Thats exactly what i've done and it's been fine for the last couple of years. I also use the 82degree thermostat instead of the standard 92 degree one.

Barry.

p.s. Have a look on the NW hoodies site , Big Jim has lots of pictures of his engine change.

Guest Stuart Ainslie
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/

Autovaux can supply 82 degree thermostat - they are fitted as standard for hot country exports but not used in standard production cars in the UK

Just the name I was looking for, thanks.....

Richard - What engine mounts did you use to fit the XE into a 2B ?

We fabricated our own steel mounts that bolt to the block, similar to Big Jim. They sit on top of a pair of Jaguar XJ6 rubber engine mounts that I got from a local auto jumble (nice and compact).

I will have the hood at Donnington if you want to take a look - not sure which day though.