Exmo Dashboard

Guest Ant212

Guest Ant212

Hi, Can anyone supply a template for the above, I don't really fancy removing mine just to make one, and then refit until the new one is ready. (which may be some time away).

Some one may have a dash not yet installed. and therefore would be quite easy to make one.

Cheers, Tony. :)

ant.holden@ntlworld.com

Guest Mike Gouldsborough

Hiya Tony

Faced with the same problem, I started off cutting a trial template out of card (flattening out a big cardboard box). Any mistakes or changes of design was sorted by attaching pieces of additional card with wide masking tape, and then re-cutting to the desired shape.

Next, I transferred the prototype shape to some thin MDF board (bought from Wickes - they sell a sheet big enough for two dashboards for £3-99 I think). Inevitably, I changed the design again a few times in very small detail. After 2 stabs with the MDF, I transferred the final shape to a plank of Burr Walnut veneer.

Total cost: about £25 for the veneer & £4 for the MDF.

If you want a blow-by-blow account, I wrote this up for the SG7s web-site (see www.freewebs.com/sg7skitcars)

Regards

Mike G

Guest Ant212

By template, I mean obtain a two dimentional profile of the dash, by placing an unmounted one onto a piece of cardboard, or brown paper, and drawing around it, allowing me to place this onto my piece of material to cut out the shape, to save removing the dash twice, and allow me to carry on usig the car while making the new one.

Cheers, Tony.

Guest Bazwaz

The Exmos original dashboard was already welded in when you recieved the kit. it wasn't a removable item. I,m sure you would be able to make your own template using thin card placed over your own dashboard and a bit of trial and error. Thats what i did then then used some alluminium sheet and riveted it to the existing dash.

Barry.