I Need A Telephone Number

Guest Twoscoops

Guest Twoscoops

Hi all

Can anyone help....I'm after some contact details for Chris Gibbons who makes up the fuel tanks......if not does anyone else have any other recommended tank builders....??

:D

Thanks

T.

Guest Battery Bill

Apparently he does not make them any more, but I for one would not really recomend them anyway, ours was a burger to sort out when the swirl pot outlet started to leak, we could not tighten the union because it had the thread cut straight into the plastic, meaning we had to cut in from the top to fit a Nut on the inside of the swirl pot :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Have a look at our website for details

Others have had problems with them warping, we have not perhaps thats to do with insufficient support but thats another question

Cheers

Bill

Guest timswait

I had one from Chris Gibbons. It did start to leak after a few months (although this may have been because I didn't support it adequately on the mountings), but he fixed it free of charge and it's been OK since. I'm still going to change back to the RHE stainless one at some point though, since I could use the extra capacity. Just need to weld a swirl pot onto it and reinforce around the sender unit mounting, two years outside should be enough time to de-gas.

I had also heard that he's stopped making them, but his number's 07930184753.

Guest Mike Perry

We had a Chris Gibbons tank and whilst it looked great; it developed a leak on one of the seams just 6 months into our build.

We then bit the bullet and purchased an AllyFab tank made to our own spec and complete with swirlpot.

In my view a well put together unit.