Number Plates

Guest neil gale

Guest neil gale

I have now got a new (age related) number plate and the V5 came through this weekend.

It says Non-transferrable number plate in the notes???

Do all Robin Hoods get this?

Does this mean i cant put a private plate on??

Neil

Guest mickmellors

Thats my understanding too.

I checked with Nottingham DVLA people 2 - 3 years ago as I want to put my personal plates on my 2B (if I ever get it built).

I assume the rules are still the same but do check to avoid disappointment.

At the time I was told that I could either have a number allocated and then change it to my own later (after 6 weeks for admin to catch up) or I could have mine put on immediately. The people I spoke to at Nottingham were extremely helpful but they were not certain that I would be able to take my number back off the 2B if I had it as the first number allocated. They advised me to have a number allocated and then change it to make sure I didnt lose my number in a future change or sale of the 2B.

If the number that is allocated turns out to be a good one you might want to keep it anyway. When I took my number off my Vauxhall Carlton it was issued with E815HDP which Elite registrations reckon I could have got £8-10K for from an E.BISHOP !

If you value your number I strongly recommend you phone and check the current situation regarding interpretation of the rule book.

Cheers

Mick M