Front Wheel Camber

Guest lopsylu

Guest lopsylu

I am having trouble adjusting the front camber on my subK to a reasonable setting. Moving the struts does indeed adjust the camber, but not, it would seem, enough.

Even with the struts pushed as far inboard as they will go still results in the camber of the front wheels being wrong. The top of the wheel still sits further out than the bottom, its almost as if my lower arms are too short. Any ideas?

Also the front springs are sitting within about 5mm from the tyres (195's), will this cause a problem in normal useage? Is there a possibility that they could end up rubbing on the tyres?

As ever, any help gratefully appreciated.

Graeme.

Hi Graeme,

Have you got your engine in? is the front end light?

I adjusted the top strut so it was halfway down the slot, I also used the GOD DAMN BIG NUTS on the shock to adjusted the springs so that the stearing rack and the lower track controll arms were level when the car was on it weels with the engine in.

I've got 195 tyres on the front as well, they are VERY close to the spring. I asked Richard about this and he said that 1/4 inch gap was fine, (I had to convert this to metric!) so I'm leaving mine as is.

I also used the red plugs from the radiator to cover the top of the strut nut with a load of sealent to hold them, nice and SVA friendly and the colour matches too.

PS. Nice avarter, it tickled my child like imiture sense of humor :p

Guest lopsylu

Guy,

the engine is in, hence why I was a bit worried about the camber. Thanks for the tip on keeping the arms and steering rack horizontal thou. I'll give it a check tonight.